How to Edit Brightness and Contrast of a Video
Lighting is one of the tricky parts when shooting video. We may take a video with our iPhone, Android phone, camera in low light condition or on sunny days with too much light. So how should we deal with these under or overexposed videos? Editing brightness and contrast will make a video brighter or darker.
Here is a video lighting editor - PawEditor. It offers Brightness and Contrast filter to brighten or darken a video clip. First, download the editor. When PawEditor is open on your computer, add the dark or bright video to its media library by double clicks. Then you can begin to increase or decrease the brightness or contrast to make the video brighter or darker.
Edit brightness of a video
Step 1 Add a video clip from the media library into the timeline by drag and drop.
Step 2 Open Color and move mouse cursor over Brightness. Click + icon to apply the filter to the video on the timeline.
Step 3 The brightness editing menu will be open. Drag the level slider to change the brightness of the video clip. The higher the level is, the brighter the video will be.
You can see how bright or dark the video get in the preview window.
Edit contrast of a video
By increasing or decreasing the contrast of a video, you can get a video in quite different effects
Step 1 Go to Color and select the second option - Contrast. Apply a contrast filter to the timeline clip.
Step 2 Drag the contrast slider to increase or decrease the contrast. You will play back the video to preview the result.
After you have got the video in the perfect brightness and contrast, click the Export video and play button to save it.
PawEditor can also adjust the saturation and colors of a video with more than 20 color filters. There are more 25 effects and transitions to make videos at a professional level. Also, you can do basic video editing, such as cutting, cropping, combining, in PawEditor.
- Hot Articles
- QuickTime Converter: How to Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- How to Edit MP4 Videos on Windows
- How to Clip A Video(YouTube Video)
- How to Enhance Video Quality on Win or Mac
- Video Upscaler: Enhance Video Quality with Higher Resolution
- How to Rotate Video in Windows Media Player
- One Click to Flip Your Video on PC
- Alternative to Rotate a Video in iMovie
- Video to GIF: Convert A Video into an Animated GIF
- Alternative to iMazing HEIC Converter
- Video Resizer: How to Resize Video on PC & Mac