You can use LG Bridge to backup LG phone to PC, transfer data from LG to PC/Mac and update LG device to Android Marshmallow/Nougat/Oreo. However, sometimes LG Bridge doesn't work on your PC/Mac. When LG Bridge is not working on your computer, for example:
- LG G4/G5/G6, LG V10/V20/V30 won't connect to LG Bridge on PC;
- LG Bridge says that no mobile device connected;
- After connecting LG phone to LG Bridge, it shows endless "Connecting..."
- You get the error saying: LG Bridge cannot check the software version, try again;
- LG AirDrive is not working.
If you have any of these problems with LG Bridge, Here is how to fix.
LG Bridge supports data backup/transfer for LG G4 and devices launched after LG G4:
- LG G6/G5
- LG V30/V20/V10
- LG X series, K series, Stylus series devices.
If your LG device was released before G4, such as LG G3, LG Bridge cannot see your device. To back up or update older LG devices, you should switch to LG PC Suite, the predecessor of LG Bridge.
Download LG PC Suite. You can use the software to backup, update and transfer data from LG G3 or older devices.
LG Bridge on PC/Mac won't recognize your LG phone when USB debugging is disabled or MTP mode is not selected on your device. Therefore, you should:
Go to Settings > General > Developer options and make sure USB debugging is checked. If you don't see the Developer options, tap Build number in About phone 7 times to bring it up.
After connecting LG to a computer via USB cable, tap MTP mode on the notification. Then launch LG Bridge. The program should detect your LG device with no problem.
If the LG Bridge still doesn't connect your LG phone on MTP mode, try to install PC driver on MTP mode.
Step 1. When connecting to LG Bridge on PC/Mac, go to your LG phone's notification center.
Step 2. Tap Media device (MTP), choose the three dots icon on the top right corner and select Install PC programs.
Some users found that when they plugged their LG phones to a USB 3.0 port on PC, the LG Bridge cannot recognize the devices, but when they switched to a USB 2.0 port, the devices are successfully connected to LG bridge.
So if your LG device can be detected by PC but fail to connect to LG bridge, try different USB ports on the PC and see how each port work.
The USB 3.0 port is usually the port with blue color inside while USB 2.0 has either black or white inside the port.
If LG AirDrive is not working properly or LG Bridge cannot check new Android version for your phone, you can update LG Bridge to fix the problem.
Step 1. On LG Bridge, click Settings. Besides About LG Bridge, click Check for Update.
Step 2. Update LG Bridge if there is any new version detected.
Step 3. If there is no update, try to uninstall and re-install LG Bridge. The program should work fine after the reinstallation.
If you can not get your LG phone connected to LG Bridge, why not change to a better way to backup LG data to PC? FonePaw Android Data Backup & Restore (opens new window) is a more easy-to-way software for LG data backup and transfer.
The FonePaw software can back up LG G6/G5/G4/G3/V30/V20/others to PC in a small-sized file.
- It supports more data types than that of LG Bridge backup. Photos, videos, messages, contacts, call logs and more are included in a FonePaw backup.
- You can keep your LG data private with the Encrypted Backup feature of Android Data Backup & Restore.
- It can restore LG backup to PC so that LG data can be transferred to PC easily.
- You can preview LG data in the FonePaw backup before restoring the backup so that you can selectively recover the data you need.
Follow the tutorial to back up your LG phones in three steps (opens new window) without LG Bridge.
If you find these tips useful to fix LG Bridge not connecting problem, share it with other LG users who are also struggling with LG Bridge.