Before factory reset your LG device, it is crucial to backup the LG phone so that you can restore the precious data after the reset. Here we conclude three ways to backup and restore LG (LG G3/G4/G5/G6/V20/V30/ Stylo 2/K20 and more). You can backup photos, contacts, apps, media, messages, documents on LG.
You can use LG's default Backup & Restore option to backup media, photos, apps to LG Cloud and backup contacts to Google service. To use LG Cloud and Google service, you need to add LG account and Google account on your LG handset.
- Go to Settings > Backup & Restore;
- Tick "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore";
- Tap LG Backup > Back up & restore > Back up data;
- Select Backup to LG Cloud since a factory reset will delete the backup saved in your internal storage.
- Tap Start to begin to create a backup of photos, LG apps, downloaded apps, music, video on your LG phone.
Since the LG backup doesn't include contacts on your device, you need to backup LG contacts to Google account additionally. To backup LG contacts to Google:
- Open Contacts app;
- Tap Menu button and choose Manage Contacts;
- Choose Copy them to your Google account.
![LG Backup Contacts to Google]https://media.fonepaw.com/android-backup/lg-backup-contacts-to-google.jpg)
To restore your LG backup, go to Settings > Backup & Restore and choose "Restore from Backup". And to restore LG contacts, open Contacts and choose "Import".
LG has launched LG PC Suite for users to backup LG to a computer. But LG PC Suite only works on older models, like LG G2. If you are using a newer device, like LG G4, G5, G6, V20, V30, you can use LG Bridge instead. With LG PC Suite/LG Bridge, you can backup your LG home screen, settings, apps contacts to PC, which does not include your photos and other media files on LG.
- Download LG Bridge on PC and launch the program.
- Connect your LG to PC and choose MTP mode of USB connection.
- Click Backup > LG Backup > Create a Backup.
- Tick the items that you want to backup and click Start to begin.
To restore an LG backup, please follow the above steps and choose Restore instead of Backup.
The backup solutions provided by LG are unsatisfactory as they fail to create a complete backup of your LG phone (backing up to cloud doesn't include your contacts and messages while backing up with LG bridge leaves out your media files.) To make a full backup of your LG phone, there is a third way that you can try.
FonePaw Android Backup & Restore (opens new window) is a PC program that can backup all LG devices running on Android 2.3 to 8.0, including the newest LG V30, LG G6 and the older LG G2, G3, G4. It can backup:
- Media files: photos, videos, audios.
- Others: messages, contacts, documents, call logs.
Besides making a full backup of your LG phone, Android Backup & Restore can encrypt your LG backups to protect your privacy. And before restoring LG backups, you can use the program to preview contents of the backup on PC and selectively restore only the data that you lost.
Download the free version of FonePaw Android Backup & Restore on your PC.
Create a Regular/Encrypted Backup of LG
- Launch Android Backup & Restore and choose Device Data Backup.
- If you want to create a full backup of your LG phone in one click, choose One-click Backup instead of Device Data Backup.
- Plug your LG phone to PC via USB connection. You need to have USB debugging enabled on your LG phone.
- Once your LG device is detected, choose the types of the files that you want to backup.
- If you want to encrypt the LG backup, toggle on Encrypted backup and enter a password for the backup.
- Click Start to begin backing up your LG device.
Selectively Restore LG Backup
To restore LG backup from PC, follow these steps.
- Open Android Backup & Restore and connect your LG phone to PC via USB connection.
- Choose Device Data Restore or One-click Restore.
- Select the backup you would like to restore and click Start.
- If the backup is encrypted, you'll need to enter the password. So please keep your password after you have created an encrypted backup.
- All data on your backup will be presented. You can preview them and select those you want to restore. Click Restore to Device to get back the data on your LG phone. Or, choose Restore to PC if you need.
Besides backing up LG phones, you can also use the program to backup other Android devices, such as Samsung, HTC, Nexus, Pixel and more.