AirDrop vs SHAREit, What Is the Difference?
Sending files to other by e-mail or other instance messengers is fine. But if someone is right next to you, sharing information in this way seems too complex and ineffective with so many steps as well as the low transfer speed. Now, you can quickly and easily share photos, videos, contacts and more by tapping the share button with AirDrop and SHAREit. Some of you may not really familiar with the two transfer tools. Please continue to read, this article will show you how to use them to improve sharing work.
If you want to share files with the ones nearby via AirDrop, you need to turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi at first. And you can share contents with others nearby with several "tap". Just choose the files including photos, videos, and contacts and tap Share button. Then tap the name of a nearby AirDrop user or the Apple device.
On the other hand, SHAREit can also do the same job.
1. Please launch this app on the device.
2. On the interface, there are two buttons: "Send" and "Receive". If you want to share files with others, please tap "Send".
3. You can send photos, videos, apps, and more. Just choose the ones you want to share.
4. For your friend who will want to get your files, he/she needs to tap "receive" button on the interface so that he/she can receive the photos, videos, apps, and more from you.
Actually, using direct Wi-Fi connections, both SHAREit and AirDrop can send files from one device to another. But what are the differences between them?
With Airdrop, it brings a really convenient method for iOS users to share files with each other. But it does have its advantage and limits when using it:
1. Airdrop can only support the specific iOS device including iPhone 5 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (4th generation) or later, iPad mini or later, iPod touch (5th generation) or later which is using iOS 7 or later, or a Mac with OS X Yosemite or later.
2. It can reach a really fast transfer speed with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on.
For the SHAREit, you can know more about it by reading some kinds of features below:
1. SHAREit is widespread because of its feature of multiplatform support. It allows you to transfer files from different devices like phones (both Android phone and iPhone), tablets, and computers (including Mac).
2. The transfer speed is really uneven when sending files. Pictures can be sent quickly. But for the Video, it can take you a long time to transfer and sometimes may looked frozen. However, if you are lucky enough, it can be transferred in a good speed.
3. Once files transferring completes, the app would disable the wireless connection and you need to reopen connection for new transfers, which is really ineffective as you have to go through the steps again.
4. The most important thing you need know before you design to install this App could be the problem that it doesn't always work.
Have you ever tried the methods above to share files with friends? If you have any ideas or question about it, please drop us a comment!
Thank you for providing feedback!